Friday, October 10, 2008

Part Three

Part Three

“You say you witnessed a murder?” The detective stood up quickly. He was very surprised.
“Yes,” Mrs. St. John said, “I saw something happening several weeks ago while I was driving back from Halifax.”
“But I didn‘t know about this!” he said, looking annoyed.
“The Police had come up from London,” she added quickly as she saw annoyance on his face, “maybe they hadn’t time to let you know.”
“What had you been doing in Halifax?” The detective sat down again. He looked very serious – more serious than before.
“I had just taken Anna to her piano lessons, she has piano lessons in Halifax twice a week. I was just coming back home.”
“And what did you see – one your way back?” The detective took out his notebook again and started to write in it.
“I saw a parked car and two men standing at the back of the car, pushing something big into the boot.” Mrs. St. John shook slightly as she remembered that night.
“And what were they stuffing into the back of the car?” The detective moved to the edge of his seat. It seemed as though his heart was in his mouth.
“Well, I found out from the Police that it was the body of a man, but at the time I didn’t think it was anything like that. I just thought it was a bag.”
“So why did you report it to the Police?”
“I didn’t exactly report it,” Mrs. St. John replied quickly. “They got in touch with me.”
“ But why?” The detective looked puzzled, he didn’t understand.
“They, the Police, got the registration number of my car from a CC camera on the road.” Mrs. St. John smiled, “They usually want to give me a ticket for speeding when the camera flashes.” she said, and smiled again.
The Police must have known you had seen something, then?” The detective called the uniformed officer.
“Constable,” he said, loudly, “can you come in and take a statement from Mrs. St. John?”
“Yes sir, right away sir,” replied the man in uniform, and he sat down and started writing in his notebook.
Robert L. Fielding

How did the Police know Mrs. St. John had seen something strange?
Who were the two men putting a body into the boot of their car?
Was the person dead?
Who was it?

Version 1 by S

Mrs. St. John knows something but she doesn't want to tell anyone what was the detective thinking about.
The detective said, "Mrs. St. John, can you tell me more about this event?"
"Sure, I resorted to the music teacher and I reassured her about my girl. Then next, when I came back everything happened just like I told you before."
The detective stood up and moved right and left he didn't say a word.
Finally he said, "Mrs. St. John, did you pay for the music teacher and did you seen anything strange in her behavior and how did she interact with you? "
"No, I hadn't paid for her for four months and lately she was treating me as if I won't pay for her; she might take all the tunes which were written by my daughter, but lately I didn't send my daughter to her but my daughter was so sad and so I sent her again on the same day I saw the murder. Oh, I remember some thing very important; on the car steering wheel, I saw the scarf which Miss Janet, the music teacher had worn."
The detective stood up quickly. He said to the police men, “Go to Miss Janet’s flat quickly and look for Annie!" .After that he called the FBI and asked the name of two men. Next, he called to the CSI and asked the name of the men who died.

Finally, he solved the puzzle. The two men were brothers of Miss Janet, and the man who was killed was the same man who paid for Annie. Miss Janet told her brothers to kill the man because she wanted Annie’s tunes because they were worth millions of dollars. Then, the policemen caught Miss Janet, and Annie came back to her mother, and the government adopted her talent.


Write a short paragraph explaining your answers to these questions. Add anything else you think might have happened before Mrs. St. John saw the two men.

Send it to me at http://www.nicenet.org/

No comments: